Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Everyday should include some treats!

What do you want to do today?

Tomorrow morning is weigh in day. Ack! This blog is fun and has certainly made me take a closer look at what I eat (and take pictures of it too. That's certainly new). I've had a few extra glasses of water today and I'm hoping that wishing and prayer (plus a week's worth of eating healthi-er and lots of workouts) will get me to 184. I'm also going to bed early because, as you know, sleep actually helps you to slim down. Pray for me people! Also, wish me luck. ;)

SLIMMING TIP: Eat the foods you love. It may sound simple, but many people fail to include their favourite items when planning their weekly schedule. Gasp! I need my weekly dose of chicken wings and pho. Mmmmm. My old personal trainer gave me a good rule to follow -allow yourself one treat per day. Try it for yourself and let me know how it goes. For me, I'm down to 3 treats per day. Hey, this is down from nothing but treats all day so yay me!

ROLL CALL


Breakfast (8:15am):
Smoothie
Scoop of protein - 25g of protein
1/4 cup of strawberries
1/4 cup of blueberries
1/3 bananas
1/2 cup of milk
11/4 cup plain, full fat yogurt
Plus - 1 large free range, organic egg - boiled and sprinkled with sea salt

Mid morning snack (11am):
1/4 of a sundried tomato turkey sandwich (12 grain bread, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, mustard)



Lunch (12:45pm):
Pho! Vietnamese beef noodle soup. I could eat this sodium filled msg fest everyday if not for the aforementioned msg and sodium.  Cheap and delicious. I order the rare beef & pile it up with bean sprouts and basil.


Pre-workout snack (5:50pm):1/3 protein bar (5g protein)


Post-workout snack (7:15pm): 1/3 protein bar (5g protein)


Dinner (9pm):
1 Ricotta and spinach stuffed chicken breast
4 cups garden salad: romaine lettuce, cucumber, grated carrots, chopped red peppers, & broccoli



DRINKS: 
11 glasses water
3 cups of green tea (1 tea bag, mug refilled 3 times)
2 oz of hot chocolate (needed a sugar fix and fast @ 2pm today)

EXERCISE:
60 min Spin class. The music sucked though. I like all music ('cept country, sry) but the instructor picked the most obscure rock music ever. Soo not the way to motivate the crowd. It was a quiet spin class as nobody got motivated by the music. If you're gonna do something, at least do it right!
Sheesh! No more Thursday spin class for me. @ $5 a class tho, I guess you get what you pay for.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment