Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I said NO to brunch today


I have 2 countdowns taking place right now:
1. Countdown to girlie weekend in Vegas (Dec 3rd to 6th) 
2. Countdown to Group Weigh-In (Dec 13th) 

Time's run out. No room for excuses. The scale doesn't lie and my clothes need to get looser and fast! 
There is no place for major errors and all my slimming down efforts need to be increased and maintained for the next 3 weeks. Treats will be to a minimum and fruits and veggies will be at an all time max.
The prize for the biggest loser (% weight lost) - $900 to go towards my new slimmer me wardrobe which I desperately need! I'm wearing baggy size 12 & 14 clothes when I'm actually a size 10/11, ack!

Goals to achieve/maintain for the next 3 weeks:
  1. Increase dietary fiber (ensure I'm eating 25g/day)
  2. Get 7.5+ hours of sleep per night (I know this works!)
  3. Take a multivitamin each day
  4. Drink 9+ glasses of water per day
  5. Reduce sodium (minimal sea salt additions)
  6. Exercise for 60minutes min, 5+ days a week with lots of cardio, crossfit/boxing classes and hot yoga
  7. Increase protein intake (aim for150g/day)
  8. Plan, plan, plan and then plan some more. Then, of course, revisit these goals on a daily basis and modify, increase as needed. 

My friend invited me to brunch this morning. I LOVE brunch. I was made for brunching. If I could brunch everyday I totally would. Alas the place they were brunching at was a great Mexican restaurant that I have been to in the past and there are no healthy options there. Everything is fried, greasy, high calorie, high in fat and highly delicious. 

So I said no. December 14th is going to be a smorgasbord of eating. I know rewarding yourself with food is bad, a serious no-no and is heavily frowned upon but the hope is that I can increase my salad intake and decrease the 'other' food intake knowing that I can have one big treat day in the near future.

Oh gawd, wish me luck.


ROLL CALL:
Breakfast
Protein shake:
3/4 cup 1% milk
1 scoop of protein powder (25g of protein)
1/4 cup bananas
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp Nestle chocolate sauce
Dash of stevia (all natural sweetener)

Snack:   Elevate Me protein bar-Banana Nut bread flavour  (16g protein/9g fiber)

Lunch
1 small turkey breast and brie cheese (1oz) whole wheat panini
1 cup chick pea and red bean salad
1 cup fresh fruit (cantaloupe, red grapes, honeydew melon, watermelon)
Dinner
Garden salad
Rotisserie  chicken
EXERCISE:
15 minutes StairMaster (level 13)
25 minutes treadmill sprints
5 minutes ab work
10 minutes stretching
DRINKS:
8 glasses of water
1 cup Cafe Mocha with 2% milk
1/2 bottle Vitamin water - xxx


Happy Eating!

3 comments:

Miss_Nobody said...

I totally admire your efforts!Good luck!

'Nelley said...

Thank you darling! Much appreciated! :)

Packers and Movers Experts said...

Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this website daily, if so after that you will definitely get good knowledge.

----------------------------
Bike Transport in Pune

Post a Comment