Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Switch it up! When the same old meals each day starts getting you down

SLIMMING TIP: Switch it up. I have been eating salads for the past few months and although I do love them, I am finally sick of the ones that I have been having every week. I came to the point where if I see another salad, I will have to strangle it. Definitely time to switch it up so today's plan is to look up new salad recipes or vegetable side dishes.
I'm gonna search the archives of fellow bloggists  like http://tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com/ cuz that shrimp taco looks really good.  I can just substitue the shrimp with black beans and maybe boil up some quinoa to give it more girth . Hmmmm. Also, over at http://girlstuckinarut.blogspot.com/ she has an apsaragus and mushroom penne that looks good. I'd just make my own light cream sauce (I'll post the recipe soon), exchange the asparagus for tons of broccoli and ensure it's a whole wheat pasta and I'll be set.  Mmmmmm. I'm looking forward to this task for sure!

 

Unfortunately I was a little derailed by the following website - http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/  and now I am on a quest to either find the upside down macaroni and cheese pizza or to make the oreo cookie cake.
Although I am severely grossed out by the thought of making and/or eating either of them.....sort of. Please don't judge me!

ROLL CALL:


Breakfast (9:15am)
1/2 cup full fat yogurt
1/4 cup granola
1/4 cup bluberries
1/2 cup sliced strawberries


Mid morning snack (11:30am):
1 free range organic egg, boiled

Lunch (1:15pm):
Salmon Pita
3oz salmon with mayo, worchestir, onions, hot sauce, basil leaves, pepper, 2 olives and horseradish mustard
1/4 cup cucumber
1/4 cup tomato
Lettuce
1 whole wheat pita
1 oz havarti cheese

Afternoon snack (2:45pm):
 2 oreo cookies (inspired by large oreo cookie cake above. I firgured this was a better alternative)


Dinner (7pm)
Vegetable stir fry - brocolli, peppers, garlic, ginger, cabbage, zucchini, carrots and cauliflower
udon noodles
teriyaki sauce


DRINKS:
10 glasses of water
2 mugs of green tea
1 cup of coffee (needed an extra pick me up today)

EXERCISE:
Still feeling the burn from yesterday's 200+ squats (150 air squats, 50 regular squats) so as walking is somewhat awkward today, I will let myself rest.
Plus, as it is Remembrance Day/Veterans day, all the community centre gyms and many private gyms have closed by 5pm . I too will honour the fallen (God bless them all)  but I wish I could also run on the treadmill for a bit.


Happy Eating!

Photo credit: Oreo cake

No comments:

Post a Comment