Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Dear scale: I love you.... P.S. I still love you

183.5lbs! (Down 4lbs from last Friday)
Thank you scale, thank you!
This award means so much to me! First of all, I would like to thank water, of which I drank 10+ glasses per day this week; protein shakes- which I brought back into the rotation and have certainly contributed to this award; a big thanks to me for forgetting to set the alarm last night so I got an extra 1 hour and 15 minutes of sleep today (and you know what that means!) and I would especially like to thank my friend who stood me up yesterday for dinner (it was a guy dinner too, which I love!) which allowed me to go to spin class instead to get all that annoyance and anger out. Argh!

Thank you and I hope to see all of you (well most except for you - jerky guy friend!!) next Friday @ 181.5lbs!

ROLL CALL 
Breakfast (9:15am):
Smoothie
Scoop of protein - (25g of protein)
1/4 cup of strawberries
1/4 cup of blueberries
1/3 banana
1/2 cup of milk
1 1/4 cup plain, full fat yogurt

Mid morning snack (11:15am):
2 oz Boursin cheese
5 crackers

Lunch (1:15pm):
Pita Salmon wrap

Mid afternoon snack (3:30pm):
1 'Elevate Me' brand protein bar (15g protein)

DRINKS:
10 glasses of water
3 cups of green tea (1 tea bag and mug refilled 3 times)

EXERCISE: None today. Quads are still a little tender from the spin class. Plus I slept in over and hour which threw my whole schedule off. Will do a 1.5 hour boxing class this Sunday to make up for it and 1hr+ in the gym tomorrow morning.

Dinner (7:30pm to ???):
TBD (to be determined) My girlfriends and I are going to the mall and I plan to eat there. Could be good or could be disastrous (Mrs Fields, ManChu Wok,  oh the devilishly delicious possibilities are endless! )
Wish me luck!  I will cruise off my 4lb weight loss till Monday!
***update****
I think if there was a wagon then I not only fell off it but ran like heck in the opposite direction, hopped on a train and kept going. Whoops! Better luck tomorrow. ;)

It began innocently enough at that food whore- Mrs. Fields:
  • 2 mini milk chocolate with pecans
  • 1 mini pecan fudge brownie

We then did some shopping and circled back to the food court and to U-Grill for dinner:
  • 3 cups grilled veggies 
  • 3 oz shrimp, beef and teriyaki chicken
  • A reasonable serving of chow mein noodles
We then proceeded to Old Navy and surprise! It was their customer appreciation night where I indulged in:
  • 2 mini chocolate chip cheesecake bites
  • 1/2 can of grape soda
Full from the Old Navy love, we then shopped the rest of the mall and ended the night at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory where I had:

  • A free sample (a sliver really) of the chocolate and caramel covered apple
  • 100g of chocolate and pecan covered English toffee (my absolute favourite of all time!)
Then on the way home, I needed something salty (too much sweet!) so I picked up:
  • A small container of spinach dip
  • A crusty french roll

I turned down late night drinks with friends (shopping is so tiring!) and now I'm craving a big dish of good ol' poutine from down the block (For those of you who don't know, it's fries, topped with cheese curds and smothered in gravy - a late night staple). But instead I will write in the blog, chug a few more glasses of water and then make myself go to bed. 


At least this way, in my dreams I can munch on all the poutine my heart desires! The only calorie/fat free way to go. :)

Happy Dreaming Eating!




Trophy Photo credits: www.lumaxart.com/
Poutine Photo Credit: fritwit

1 comment:

Little Ms Blogger said...

I love this post - very clever in who to thank and CONGRATS on drinking the water. I always have problems with that one.

Post a Comment