Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've sprained my medulla oblongata!!

If you've ever seen the movie The Waterboy with Adam Sandler, then you would totally get that reference.  hee hee hee. No what I actually did was pull/strain/sprain a tendon in my knee.

  • Diagnosis: strained my Patellar tendinopathy
  • Cause: Over use, over exertion and not enough stretching prior to a heavy quad focused workout last thursday (felt so good too!)
  • Cure: Limit leg/knee movement, ice the knee and take anti inflammatories for any swelling.
Booo!

Limited movement and definitely no gym or hot yoga or boxing or running, or jogging or walking home.

I can feel myself getting fatter every day. Wah!!

Today is day 2 of no exercise. I don't know how people can live without working out.  I miss my 5 to 6 days a week at the gym! Now all I have left is food and TV. I can't go shopping and I shouldn't be moving it too much so I'm left with nothing to do.

Well not nothing, but nothing I want to do.  Damn you budget. I can't even buy my happiness now that I'm on a $149.75/week spending cap. A bottle of vodka is at least $23 here. Shoot.

So my knee is out but surely there must be other exercises I can do while laying on my back??
Oh that sounds so dirty! lol! Seriously though, can't anyone help or point me in the right direction?

What exercises can I do that won't aggregate my pulled tendon?

Thanking you kindly,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment