Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

The hot yoga challenge

This weekend had its ups (partying @ 3AM with a young playboy, a swinging couple and a bicurious female) and its downs (after the party, went for delicious poutine @ 4AM and got the large)

After pulling a tendon in my knee last week I have been couch-bound and knee deep in the refrigerator. Results:  In the past week of not working out I've gained 4 lbs! 4! This just shows how much I work out to stave off weight gain.

Sigh.

Enter hot yoga.

Slimming down!
Toned muscles!
Increased flexibility!
Better state of mind!
Inner peace!
Enlightenment!

If you don't know, Hot yoga consists of 26 poses done over 90 minutes in a room heated to 40 degrees Celsius +(105 F).  You sweat like crazy and the calories are supposed to burn away.

@ my current weight (185 - boo!) I can burn 1200+ calories each class. 4 to 5 classes a week that means I can burn approx 5400 calories a week! woo!

So now I start the 30 day yoga challenge. Between now (April 12th) and May 11th, I will try to do as many yoga classes as I can.They recommend 30 classes in 30 days but that's just plain CRAZY!

Anywho, wish me luck! And please feel free to tell me about your hot yoga experiences!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Post a Comment