Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome to the 2010 Olympic Team

New day, new week, new job, new start!
I've recently been asked to join the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics team ( I chronicle the invite here)
and had to change job locations for the 2 to 3 month assignment for the games and the para-Olympic games (after which I will be transferred back to my old role, sigh)
New location means a complete change in routine - eating, working out and planning/creating meals.

New Location Issues:

1. There's no parking available at the new office tower and transit doesn't run near to where the office tower is (a 10 to 15 minute walk is closest bus stop).
PLUS SIDE: I'll have to walk a little extra every day (extra cardio, woo!)

2. Due to potential long hours and unscheduled shift changes, I won't be able to go to my usual crossfit class @ 5:30pm cuz I'll never be able to get there in time  
PLUS SIDE: Fully equipped, on site gym with personal training on site and fitness classes, yay

3. The kitchen area lacks everything I'm used to. I didn't realize how spoiled I was in my current location and how much I took a functioning microwave, a cutting board, space in the fridge for your pre-packed lunch and a sharp knife for granted!  
PLUS SIDE:.....still trying to figure this one out. Bringing in your own mini cutting board (like I plan to do tomorrow) is not really a 'plus side' thing.
    ROLL CALL

    brekky (8am)

    3/4 cup yogurt
    1/2 cup all bran cereal
    1/2 cup of delicious blueberries














    mid morning snack (10:30am)
    2 clementines

    lunch (1pm)
    distracted by the lack of cutting utensils and a cutting board, I ate at the hot cafeteria instead and got:
    5 perogies
    1/2 vegetarian stuffed yellow pepper
    1 cup of greens with hummous dressing
    2 tbsp full fat sour cream











    mid afternoon snack (3:30 to 5pm)
    2 clementines
    1 babybell cheese
    8 crackers

    dinner (7:45)
    2 cups Broccoli
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1/4 cup onion
    1/2 cup zucchini
    1/2 cup cooked catelli smart pasta
    3 oz grilled chicken breast
    1/2 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
    1 cup watermelon for dessert

















    DRINKS:
    3 mugs of green tea (1 tea bag I brought in my own from home and lucky I did as they don't have any at the office)
    9 glasses of water (uh oh)

    EXERCISE: None. :( Will have to kick it up a notch for the rest of the week.

    Happy Eating!

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Haha I love your blog and your attitude, you are so right I need to just kinda snap outta it I suppose :) Thanks for visiting yesterday and for the "Sunday" advice!!!

    Post a Comment