Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

If I lived on the moon, I'd weigh soooo much less

Damn weigh-ins!
They're supposed to happen today so that I can ENJOY the weekends!
184 - yikes!
I demand a recount! Surely I must be holding onto water weight? Maybe that thai dinner from Wednesday is still sticking to my ribs??
My own fault though, I have been slacking on the controlled eating part.  I think I may have to go back to daily posts as these 4 times a weeks are encouraging me to eat a little extra on the days that I don't post.
Damn accountability!
T-minus 6 days until Vegas and I was hoping to be a svelte 179 instead of a bloated 180+. 6 days, 5lbs.....can I do that??
Hmmmmm

ROLL CALL

Breakfast (8:15am):

Oatmeal - maple syrup & brown sugar flavour
Clementines (to eat throughout the day)














Lunch:
Homemade stir-fried rice (made 3 servings)


- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice 
- 1&1/2 cup green peas & chopped carrots
- 3 oz rotisserie chicken
- 2 oz shrimp
- 1/2 cup onions & garlic
- 1 medium free range egg
 

  Stir-fry it all together with soy sauce and oyster sauce and voila!   

Dinner:
3oz extra lean ground beef burger
1 ‘Burger first’ whole wheat bun (they’re thin like pitas)
1 Kraft cheese slice
Garden Salad
1 tbsp of Kraft zesty Italian salad dressing
-Large handful of McCain fries (Spicy spirals)



 











 Clearly my actual stomach was smaller than my eyes because 30 minutes later this remained on my plate:















The legend of the shrinking stomach may not be false at all. Gasp!


DRINKS:
H2O:  12 glasses 
Green tea: 4 cups (1 tea bag, mug refilled 3 times)


EXERCISE:
The trainer said it'd be "fun" today. I laughed immediately out of nervousness.
Workout of the day:
1. Kettle bell swings (16kg, 25 reps, 5 rounds)
2. Double unders - skipping (passing the skipping rope around twice before your feet hit the ground): as many as you can in 5 minutes (I did 79, phew!)

3. 100 full situps (shoulders to the ground each time)
4. 50 Box jumps @ about my knee level for height to jump up

So she was right. As workouts go, this one was relatively mild. Her definition of fun was still incorrect but if I replace that word with 'sweaty' or 'will make you feel it in the morning', then yes, I agree it was 'fun'.



Happy eating!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Oatmeal is delish. Just a health tip though..If you're looking to cut sugar, substitute maple syrup with agave nectar!

'Nelley said...

Thanks for the tip! I love free advice. :)

Post a Comment