Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Vegas game of eating roulette

Back from Vegas at last!


Flew out last thursday and arrived back home yesterday evening. There are no pictures of course (or evidence as I like to call it).  Only memories. Very blurry, foggy, hazy and out of focus memories that I will treasure forever.


My friend and I joked that we'd only eat the garnish off the many drinks we planned to have but we ended up eating more food than last time!


Weekend Roll Call: Burgers, fries, pizza, garden salads, turkey clubs, more salad, more burgers, more fries and then subway subs on the last day.


Luckily, no damage done. Weighed myself this morning and the scale is still the same-yay! Very happy to know that I can control myself and make healthier choices, even on vacation. No buffets or all-you-can-eats for us. Too expensive anyway and I can't eat enough food to make it worth the $25 US they were charging anyway.


That's all for now. This week marks the last week in the weigh-in contest so I need to be accountable and keep active. So I will definitely update this entry again at the end of the day - keeps me on my toes! 


Yay Vegas!


ROLL CALL
Breakfast (9:30am):
The ol' breakfast smoothie is BACK baby!
1 cup  - sliced strawberries & bananas
1/3 cup full fat yogurt
1/2 scoop of that crappy protein I need to replace
1 large hard boiled free range egg


Lunch(12:45pm):
1 cup cheese filled ravioli
3 cups garden salad


Dinner (8:30pm):
Craving that shrimp salad again...so I made it, woo!



3 oz shrimp meat
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup sliced avocado
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1 stalk of Chopped celery (for the yummy crunch)
3 cups+ Romaine lettuce
Kinda homemade dressing:
1 tbsp lite Caesar dressing
1/2 tbsp Italian dressing
1/2 lemon
Dash each of worchestire, hot sauce, sea salt, pepper and garlic seasonings 

Evening Snacks (from 630pm to 945pm):
- Handful baked chips with 1 tbs full fat chipotle/spinach dip
- 2 chocolate malt balls
- 1/2 cup of beef chili (my roomie was cooking it up in a big pot and it smelled soooo good. mmmm)
- 1/4 cup strawberries (sweet and delish!)

DRINKS: 
8 glasses of water
4 cups of green tea (2 tea bags)

EXERCISE:
30 minute brisk walk home

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment