Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

How Kit Kat chunky can help you to slim down

We had a box of these delicious beauties at work last week.  I took 6 of them and gave one to my roommate. 
I had one on Thursday and then one on Friday and then I had 1/4 of one today. I love them because they taste so good but also because when I eat one at work, I stop eating all the other nibblies I have at the office (almonds, triscuit crackers and whatever lurks in my coworkers' candy drawer).  

KIT KAT Chunky 
(great name btw. May as well call it kit kat fatty, but I digress)
  • 14 grams of fat
  • 260 calories
No, I am not totally condoning kit kats as a weight loss tool (portion control, increase fiber, blah , blah, blah) I was just surprised at how filling it was and how it encouraged me to go the gym after work and do a little extra workout in the morning so that I could EARN my delicious afternoon snack. mmmmm.

I guess my point is that sometimes it's better to go full fat if it will help you to stop shoving random crap down your throat. Better to eat the thing you really, really want versus a bunch of non fat/low fat items that you simply graze on but never feel satisfied with.

I'll test this theory at the next weigh in and let you know how it goes... ;)

Oh yes and only 2 days to Vegas, woo! Time to get some sleep, put some moisturizer on the feet and get ready for 5 days of debauchery (AKA one heck of a time).

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment