Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 5 thru 8. Who says you can't get rewarded for bad behaviour?

It's truly been a whirlwind few days. Luckily, that's how I like my winds - whirling around uncontrollably.

Whirlwind review - Days 3 thru 8:

Day 5 (SUN,Feb 28):
- Closing Ceremonies for the Olympics followed by several after parties
- The day started with yogurt and fresh fruit and ended in late night pizza and Indian during street celebrations @ 1AM.
- Received an award for my blog (yay!) which I will happily accept on my behalf tomorrow when I have a moment to sit down and write a heartfelt thanks

Day 6 (MON,Mar 1):
- Olympic headquarters closing party at night
- Day began with a vegetarian brunch and ended in poutine (so good yet so, so wrong) after a night of company provided booze and appies. 
Brunch: Poached eggs over corn muffin tops with pinto beans, & roasted potatoes

Day 7 (TUES, Mar 2):
-One of my best friend's was in town for one last day before heading back to Toronto. I'm a bridesmaid in her wedding and we had fun shopping for bridesmaid dresses. 
Trying on the dresses:
I love this dress. The style with the belt is so great!
The winning dress. The front design sooo hides your belly bulge, yay!
We're the best (gym buddies) and worst (taco bell buddies) influences on each other but we always have fun together.
Sniff, sniff. I miss her and the snacks, cookies and desserts we shared already.
Like this white chocolate mocha - so pretty but made with half homo milk and half skim milk - yikes!
The calories look so pretty under all this makeup!

DAY 8 (WED, Mar 3):
Date night. After a 5 week hiatus, I am finally back on the market, yay!

Oh I've missed dating sooo much. I just want to give dating a big ol hug and never let go!
I'm feeling bubbly and giggly and can't wait to see this fellow again. Now that 12 hour days are a thing of the past, I actually want to go out at night and not crash out on my couch till next day. 
Plus! Weighed myself this morning (so worried about Friday's weigh in) and, surprise, surprise - 183! Down 1.5lbs already from last Friday and still 2 days till weigh in. Phew. That damn (delicious) poutine didn't knock me off the charts like I thought it would. I'll make a date to see poutine again in a few months, but for now...

Healthy Plans:
1. Plan meals for the next week
2. Grocery shopping (get reacquainted)
3. Gym classes - boxing, yoga and back to Crossfit this weekend
4. Review health and fitness goals from last week

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment